Please make sure that you’ve typed your email address correctly and that there are no special requirements to send you mail. If you don’t hear from me within a day of submitting the contact form, it’s probably because I am unable to contact you with the information that you supplied. Please try again after 24 hours have elapsed. A lot of mail servers filter what they think is spam with no notice to the sender or the recipient, and thus I’ve no idea you did not get my reply. If you get no response from me, please try to use something mainstream (Gmail, Yahoo) for contact and try again.
IMPORTANT! If you do not see a contact form below, it means we are so busy and have received so many contacts that we have exceeded our contact allowance for this month. Please check back on the first of the new month and the form will be restored. Thank you!
- I NO LONGER OFFER SERVICE FOR AUDIO TAPE DECKS. VHS/Beta/8 yes, audio, no. If you need service on a deck, see the folks below. I may, however, have specialized electronic or mechanical parts (sorry, but I don’t have any rubber parts at all, anymore), so if you need something that isn’t a belt, pinch roller or idler, please ask.
- I don’t work on Walkmans (see above), portables (see above) or car audio. If it uses (or can use) batteries, I am not your guy. But you can join tapeheads.net and ask the community for help. Lotta good folks there.
- I don’t repair all-in-one stereos, 60’s-style console (furniture) units or their components, anything with tubes in it, nor do I work on quad units or units that incorporate surround-sound. If it has more than two channels in it, I can’t help.
- I cannot help with Tandberg or Revox parts, products or service information. See Marc and John below.
- I don’t wish to buy anything or trade for anything. The very last thing I need in the lab is more gear!
- I cannot provide you with technical support so that you can repair your own product. Wish I could, but lawyers say no!
Belts, idlers and other rubber parts: I would join Tapeheads.net and ask the community for recommendations.
Cassette Decks: Visit Music Technology or contact hitech77(at)earthlink.net, both are excellent.
Reel-to-Reel tape deck repair: I no longer have anyone to refer you to. If you find someone you like, let me know!
Studer/Revox products: contact Marc at: thetinman(at)sbcglobal.net. (substitute an ampersand for (at), of course)
Tandberg products: contact John at: packrat014(at)hotmail.com.
Please note that everyone mentioned above is very busy, so they may not be able to offer help or service all of the time.